What is Python ?
Python is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language. Python is an object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Python is simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. Python supports modules which encourages program modularities and code reuse. Debugging Python programs is easy a bug or bad input will never cause a segmentation fault.
Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS and has been ported to Java and .NET virtual machines. Python is free to use, even for the commercial products, because of its OSI-approved open source license. Python is an example of an open source software. In simple terms, users can freely distribute copies of the software, read the source codes, make the changes to it and use pieces of it in new free programmes.Open source is based on the concept of a community which shares knowledge. This is one of the best reasons why Python is so good.
Python supports multiple programming paradigms primarily but not limited to object-oriented imperative and, to a lesser extent and functional programming styles. It features a dynamic type system and automatic memory management, similar to that of Ruby Pearl, and Tcl.
Python is often used as a programming language but is also used in a wide range of non-scripting contexts. Python code can be packaged into stand alone executable programs. Python interpreters are available for all operating systems.
Python Technolog Advantage:
- Python is Open Source
- Python is Interpreted, high level languages
- Python is supported by large developer communities
- Python is easy to learn compared to C++, Java
- Python is easy to extend in C++, C, and Java
- Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS , and has been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines support for variable number of function arguments.
- Python can be used for scripting and general programming (CLI sapi, embedded etc…